Sunday, February 24, 2008

for like ever



This poster is pretty old news in the design world, but that's how long I've been agonizing over it. I usually like things that are classic, as art with modern everyday elements (cell phones, mentions of the internet) and the like usually end up embarrassing me. The over-use of the word "like" as a placeholder in conversation really grates my nerves, so overall I should probably hate this poster.

There is something about it that just speaks to me, and makes me feel hopeful. I guess that is good enough in itself.

3 comments:

Nate said...

Lovely...
I've been attempting to design posters (with BK to thank for all of the design advice). Call me lame, but I've never actually seen this before and I really dig it.

Anyhow, neato new blog. Hope all's well with ya.

NB

BJK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BJK said...

i love that font; it's called Mavis.

here's the foundry that makes the posters.

they also make a tote bag with the design.

from their website:
"[the poster] was designed in 2004 as a part of Tracy's MFA thesis project in the Graphic Design program at Yale University. It is a simple phrase she has always loved, and magnifying it on paper seems to change its meaning from a sometimes throwaway saying to a larger hopeful statement."