Friday, August 29, 2008

Favorite Albums of All Time: nostalgia edition, part I



I was a bit of a late bloomer regarding Depeche Mode. I remember being in the Virgin Megastore in Chicago (which no longer exists) around 1998 and hearing "Enjoy the Silence" come over the speakers. Even though I had heard that song many times before, for some reason that time it stirred up something and I couldn't get it out of my head. I bought the 86<98 collection right there, and everything DM had ever put out in the following weeks.

I also remember driving over a bridge on the highway in IL, and while I was opening the CD case for the live album "101", the liner notes flew out my window and over the bridge. I freaked out quite a bit.

This song, and video, to this day are two of my favorite things in existence:

1 comment:

BJK said...

this is such a ysc post! come on, it's getting too political. it needs stuff like this.